Our basic level of Wilderness & Remote First Aid & CPR is for employees who work in insolated or wilderness settings and need to response to emergencies when advanced care is not immediately available. The course covers material in Red Cross Standard First Aid & CPR plus special material on techniques for wilderness and remote areas as well as offers strategies to provide extended care for up to 24 hours.
About this course:
- 20-hour course with flexible scheduling options
- 3-year certification in Wilderness & Remote First Aid
- Includes CPR Level C
- Includes AED certification (where local legislation permits)
- Valuable skills for 24 hour outdoor survival
Who should attend:
This course focuses on employees who work in areas where help is hours away. Also for anyone that find themselves in an emergency situation with help being a long way away. Part of the course is taught in an outdoor setting and requires greater physical activity and endurance than typical first aid training.
Preparation and planning , Your health , airway emergencies, breathing and circulation emergencies, first aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest, wound care , bone, muscle, and joint injuries, head and spine injuries, environmental situations, poisons, cold and heat-related emergencies, medical emergencies, evacuation and transportation, extended care and written exam.
What to Bring:
- food for each day
- a day pack packed as you wold for a day hike
- clothing and footwear appropriate for the weather